Wednesday, October 12, 2016

My Civil War Road Trip

Every once in a while, hopefully at least once in a person's life, they will get in a car and drive clear across ....fill in the blank...  It's only taken me 59 years to do it.  I've seen most of the world but I've missed a good chunk of the US and I truly believe the only way to really see our amazing country is by driving it, or being driven.  And since my handy dandy honey hubby Brent Nixon is busy teaching, it's about time I pulled up my girlie panties and hit the road.

But I needed a theme...something to make me feel like I had a purpose for driving 8,000 miles.  I've always loved Civil War history but was slightly intimidated by it and needed something I could relate to more than 1/4 of a million deaths.  Women.  Civil War Women.

So, next week I'll hopefully get an early start on what will probably be one wild ride.  I'm not taking MoZ (boo hoo), just can't afford the gas.  My Dodge Caravan has been re modeled for me with a bed and storage and every gadget I could fit inside.  I'll post on facebook every day and then link it to this site where the day's juicy moments will be spilled.  Hopefully a bit of laughter, a lot of history and one good yarn will result.  Thanks for joining me.  Wish me luck and if you have any suggestions for me or relatives in the places I'm stopping (see the map), lemme know.

No comments:

Post a Comment